NARENDRAPUR, KOLKATA – 700103 WEST BENGAL
The Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, is located 16 k.m. from the Sealdah Railway Station and about 28 k.m. from Howrah Railway Station, on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata 700103. It is a large complex of several educational institutions on about 150 Acres (450 bighas) of land. Started in 1957, on lush green premises, sprawling over 11 acres of land, the Ramakrishna Mission Blind Boys’ Academy is one such unit with a very special objective of imparting life-centric education to visually impaired boys and adults. The Academy is registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 and under PWD Act 1995 (presently under RPWD Act 2016), and operates under the State Commissioner of Disabilities, Govt. of West Bengal. The institute occupies a pioneering position in the field of visual impairment through education, vocational training, rehabilitation and other services for the visually impaired students. This is a completely residential institute only for the blind boys and male adults.